Using a tape measure and paper, measure as outlined below (drawing does not need to be drawn to scale; only measurements need to be correct)
1. Measure from wall to wall at 36” height.
2. Measure from corner to window or door.
3. Measure across the window or door opening from trim edge to trim edge (indicate window overall height and height from flooring).
4. Measure from edge of trim to far wall (Compare sum of #2, #3, and #4 measurements to step #1).
5. Mark exact location of water supplies, drain, gas line, and electrical outlets and switches on drawing.
6. Measure from floor to ceiling in three areas of kitchen where cabinets will be placed.
Your completed floor plan should resemble the diagram shown.
Take several photos of your existing kitchen to bring with you.